Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Misfits, Morons & Buck Passers

The crisp, clean, cheerful little Medicare card arrived, reminding me I'm now officially a senior citizen and eligible for government health insurance at the bargain price of $1200 a year.  Exactly where this money is going to come from the government doesn't know or care - Not our department!  Social Security tells me with 
a self satisfied, civil servant smirk - and that's when I notice that they've misspelled my name.

I point out that it's their error and I think they should fix it and send me a new card.

They point out that they don't fix their errors and it's up to me to make the time to go to their office, fill out corrected paperwork, request a new card.

I tell them there's nothing wrong with the old paperwork that a course in literacy wouldn't cure, that it was their mistake and that they should fix it and send me a new card.

They tell me that's outside their area and not their policy.

I share my opinion that they are obstructionist, inept, mindless pencil pushers  who would screw up a one car funeral.

We're the government, they reply, Have a nice day.

I am drowning in a sea of misfits, morons and buck passers.


No comments: