Monday, September 24, 2007

Thin Ice


"The best way out is always through it." - Robert Frost

Through the clouds to the sun, through the mud to the bank, through the tough times to the good. This is how we live and die and hopefully leave some kind of legacy. My friend Tricia has credited me with persistence, determination, and an iron will to survive. So as I sharpen my survival instincts and draw up a new economic survival plan, I try to remember her words and how much her friendship means to me. I try to believe, not always an easy task when life takes you down an unexpected and rocky road. Having faith is uncommonly hard facing an uncertain future and a wagon full of changes and cutbacks, none of which you've prepared for, but there is often no other way than to face front and put one foot in front of the other for as long as you can. Staying on your feet is a win when you're walking on quicksand and fear suffocating.

I wonder how other people less fortunate survive at all.

No comments: