Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Know Your Enemy

Until he lied and threw me to the wolves to cover his own ass, I'd never really thought of him as an enemy. Eccentric and a little weird, yes.  Sometimes bizarre, yes.  Arrogant, temperamental, hot headed and about some things not too bright, yes.  A bully and a two faced coward who turned hostile and mocking when he didn't get his way, yes.  Always prepared to evade responsibility, yes.  A clown but not an enemy.

In retrospect, I should've seen it coming and been better prepared but the lie was big, bold, convincingly told and effective.  It was, I realized too late, a well planned and perfectly executed set up.  The enemy - a far slicker bastard than I'd ever imagined - was elevated to hero and I cursed my own stupidity for my part in it. So be it, I told myself, at least now I know what I'm dealing with and I can make sure it doesn't happen again. 

I've met my quota of forgive and forget. 








No comments: