Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sweet Time

My friend, Babe - musician, artist and photographer not to mention mother and grandmother - arrived late.  She gave me a hug before settling in with a shot of tequila and whispering in my ear.

I've been spending time with Jack, she confided with a grin.

What kind of time? I asked, already feeling a bit psychic.

Sweet time! she whispered back, eyes flashing, and we both laughed.

Good for you!  I told her and couldn't help but smile.  Being a hopeless romantic, I'd suspected this and had been hoping it was true - she's one of my favorite people, possessed of a gentle heart and an old soul, bright, funny, gifted, and fiercely independent.  We share a love of music, animals and photography, are close in age and have traveled many of the same roads, arriving in more or less the same place at more or less the same time.  Jack is a handsome, talented and sweet talking musician, seductive eyes and smile, a philosopher of sorts, always on the mend from his latest broken heart.  His lyrics are poetry set to music, her art expresses her feelings - they're a good match, a creative, intense, and complimentary match - and when it's over, I think they will both be the better for having spent time together.  With the right people, short term romances can make for warm memories and manageable heartaches - and even leave a lasting friendship.



No comments: