Friday, September 07, 2018

Talk To Each Other


It was supposed to be simple.

Just be here at 8:30” the x ray tech told me, “We'll have you in and out in ten minutes, you don't even need to sign in at the front desk, just at the lab.”

More fool that I am, I believed her.

I obediently signed in at the lab.

They sent me to the front desk.

The front desk sent me back to the lab.

The lab sent me back to the front desk.

The front desk sent me back to the lab.

No,” I told the front desk, “I'm done playing ping pong. Either you straighten this out or I'm leaving and you can explain to the doctor why there's no chest x ray. Don't you people talk to each other?”

She bristled. And glared at me.

I bristled back. And stood my ground.


The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
George Bernard Shaw














No comments: